Do you get to the theater early to make sure you don’t miss any of the trailers? After watching a trailer, do you ever wonder if they just showed you the entire film? In the Trailer Fest Film Festival, the Trailer IS the entire film.
The mission of the Trailer Fest Film Festival is to inspire creative film making by celebrating the artistry required to craft an effective movie trailer. The Trailer Fest Film Festival showcases mock movie or television trailers that use superb storytelling and a 3-minute time limit to tell an effective story. Submissions may be humorous, scary, dramatic, ironic, iconic, artistic, or emotional as long as they are entertaining.
- February 1, 2015 – Submissions open
- October 10, 2015 – Official entry deadline for all submissions.
- October 31, 2015 – EXTENDED DEADLINE- ENTER YOUR FILM NOW!
- November 8, 2015 – Trailer Fest Film Festival, Buskirk Chumley Theatre, Bloomington, IN, and simulcast online.
Entry fees for the festival are $20 per submission. Entry fees are in U.S. Dollars, and are non-refundable. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify (without refund) any submission that does not adhere to the subject matter requirements.
Student Submissions: Entry fees for students is $10. Receipt of photocopy of valid Student ID with submission materials is required.
To be eligible for consideration, all works must fully comply with the Rules and Regulations, including deadlines, film length, material, and other requirements as listed on this site.
Entries should be THREE MINUTES OR LESS (180 seconds).
Subject matter should consist of a fake/ fictional trailer / teaser for a movie, television show, stage work, or any other such production that does not currently exist. Redone, reworked, remixed, or mash-up trailers for real movies or television shows will not be accepted.
Filmmaker must obtain or own all rights for all materials in the submission, including music, images, artwork, videos, etc.
The Festival will accept any current or past work, and will not disqualify based on previous release.
HOW TO ENTER
Apply online here.
All entries must include the following:
- An official Entry Form and Release as provided HERE.
- The Entry Fees paid via PayPal. If applying for the student rate, photocopy of a valid student ID is required.
- A digital copy of your work. Files are preferred. Submissions can be sent as dropbox links, Google Docs links, other digital transmissions, or can be mailed on disc to the submission address: 4924 E Lentz Rd, Bloomington, IN 47408. If submitting a disc, please format as data disc rather than playable DVD. Because of the size, we ask that you do not email your media files.
The Festival will accept multiple entries. Each entered work should be submitted separately and include a separate entry form, entry fee, and copy of work.
If your work is selected for inclusion in the Trailer Fest film festival, you will be notified by October 20th. It is not necessary to attend the event, but all filmmakers are invited and welcome to attend. While we cannot make travel or lodging accommodations, all filmmakers with accepted works will receive 2 free tickets to the event and access to a filmmaker’s reception prior to the event.
The Festival will select the top work in each of the CATEGORIES. Live Audience and Web Audience will select the Best In Show.
Works designated best in category will receive a $200 prize. Best In Show will receive a $250 prize.
- Miscellany (Any work that doesn’t fit in the above categories)
Many submissions may transcend categories, so we ask that the Film Makers select the category they’d like to have their works considered in.
If you have questions or clarifications, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org